[mythtv-users] Help: No program info for QAM256 channels

zoiks2004-ivtv at yahoo.com zoiks2004-ivtv at yahoo.com
Tue May 27 08:02:55 UTC 2008

--- Phil Bridges <gravityhammer at gmail.com> wrote:

> You're welcome :)

Of course, thanks to all the replies, the wiki
writers, and the myth devs. Oh, and God and my mom,
too. :) But no thanks to my ignorance.

I fell in a trap. mythtv-setup constantly reminds you
to run mythfilldatabase, and mythbuntu prompts you to
do it as well when you exit mythtv-setup. Problem is,
if you do it once then the channels won't update
unless you use --refresh-all. I had that problem plus
the fact that some bogus channel info was being pulled
for digital channel numbers (which it shouldn't have
even attempted). For 4 years of using myth, I've never
had to use --refresh-all. (Hint: might be nice if mfdb
recognized when channel info had changed and forced an
update automatically.)

It's all working real good now.

Cheers all and thanks again.