[mythtv-users] Mythfilldatabase running every 5 minutes

John Taggart john at lackof.org
Tue May 27 04:11:52 UTC 2008

For some reason mythfilldatabase has started running every ~3-5  minutes
on my system.  I have it setup in the frontend to run between 3 and 10.
I do not have the "Run mythfilldatabase at time suggested by the
grabber" checked

In mythfrontend:
Information Center -> System Status -> Listings Status shows
Result: mythfilldatabase ran, but did not insert a...

Running it by hand with
mythfilldatabase -v all,nodatabase
or
mythfilldatabase -v important
Shows no errors.

mysqlcheck -r -u <username> -p <password> mythconverg
Shows no errors.

optimize_mythdb.pl
Shows no errors.

pagoda:/home/john# more /etc/cron.daily/mythtv-backend
#!/bin/sh

test -x /usr/bin/mythfilldatabase || exit 0

su - mythtv -c "mythfilldatabase --quiet"
pagoda:/home/john#

I can't seem to figure out why it continues to run so often.  It appears
that all of the channel data is still good, the recordings are happening
on time, but with mythfilldatabase running ans sucking up CPU I'm
skipping frames on both the record and playback side of things.  Can
anyone point me in the right direction on this one?