[mythtv-users] F7 to F8 or F7 to F9

Joel Ostheller j.ostheller at gmail.com
Mon May 26 23:44:29 UTC 2008

For what its worth... A while ago I bought a Hiper PC barbones
frontend (like this one in the link, except it is the next rev on the
mb so it has HDMI instead of DVI-D)

I tried several different distros and resulted in countless problems
on all (most probably due to the integrated ATI graphics). I have been
fairly busy to really get into it and figure out the real problems
with the system so its been sitting on my shelf for months. Anyways...
Fedora 9 installed Flawlessly. On first boot up it recognized
everything and booted up in 1080P!!! Super excited to have to do
minimal work to get such a sweet PC running. So I would recommend
Fedora 9. love it.

On a tangent.... I am very sensitive to fan noise, so I ripped out all
the system fans except for one on the cpu and maybe 1 exhust... first
thing I did was setup lm sensors because I was worried about heat.
(keep in mind that my CPU heatsink is like a 1U heatsink because of
the small size of this unit)... Anyways after several hours at idle my
CPU was at 26 degree C!!!!! 26! Coming from someone who has done most
of my work with those damn Prescott P4's, im in love with this current
gen of processors. Much easier to keep your system cool and quiet. It
rules!