[mythtv-users] Mythfrontend crashing - libavcodec miscompiled diagnostic

JCA 1.41421 at gmail.com
Mon May 26 22:25:42 UTC 2008

  I recently upgraded my Slackware 11.0 box from MythTV 0.20 to 0.21.
After this I noticed that very often, when I want to play a DVD,
mythfrontend crashes printing out the following:

2008-05-26 16:20:24.211 Compiler did not align stack variables.
Libavcodec has been miscompiled and may be very slow or crash. This is
not a bug in libavcodec,
but in the compiler. You may try recompiling using gcc >= 4.2.
Do not report crashes to FFmpeg developers.

  In fact, this diagnostic is printed out even when mythfrontend
manages to load the DVD all right.

  Anybody know how to get around this? The gcc version in Slackware
11.0 is 3.4.6, and it used to work fine with MythTV 0.20. Also, I
noticed that when building MythTV there is a libavcodec directory. Is
this the one in the diagnostic? I am asking because I have an ffmpeg
package installed in my box, which also has libavcodec.