[mythtv-users] Installing MythTV SVN - Fedora

Joel Ostheller j.ostheller at gmail.com
Mon May 26 06:33:05 UTC 2008

Guys-

Was trying to quickly install via this howto:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Installing_MythTV_SVN_on_Fedora

However I ran into two package install errors and both errors are the
same so ill only list one. When I ran this command

# yum install fftw2 fftw2-devel libid3tag libid3tag-devel libmad-devel
flac-devel libdvdcss-devel

I received the error:

Error: Missing Dependency: flac = 1.2.1-4.fc9 is needed by package
flac-devel-1.2.1-4.fc9.i386 (fedora)

So I thought, no biggie ill just install flac again via this command

# yum install flac

which resulted with :

Package matching flac-1.2.1-4.fc9.i386 already installed. Checking for
update. Nothing to do

So basically I dont know what to do with this dependency. I obviously
see that the flac_devel is looking for the flac without the i386 on
it. Id guess that is an error but dont know much more then that. How
do I resolve this dependency issue? The two packages I cant install
due to this odd dependency issue are flac_devel and fttw3-devel.

Thanks for the help
joel