[mythtv-users] Help: No program info for QAM256 channels

Phil Bridges gravityhammer at gmail.com
Sun May 25 12:33:11 UTC 2008

On Sun, May 25, 2008 at 2:55 AM,  <zoiks2004-ivtv at yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- Kevin Kuphal <kkuphal at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> You're making this a little harder than it needs to
>> be.  First, start over.
>> Wipe the lineups, channel config, cards, etc. from
>> your mythtv-setup and
>> read this:
>>

> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Frontend_Channel_Editor
>>
>> It outlines the steps but obviously your channel
>> scan does not contain the
>> info needed to do the automatic mapping to xmltvids.
>>  So, the steps you want
>> to do is basically:
>>
>> 1.  Scan for channels
>> 2.  Use the Frontend Channel editor to enter the
>> xmltvid for each channel
>> you scanned.  I have found the easiest way to find
>> the xmltvid for a
>> particular channel is to bring up your listings on
>> tvlistings.com.  Then
>> hover over the link for each channel and the stnNum
>> in the URL corresponds
>> to the xmltvid.
>> 3.  Once you have put in all the xmltvids, run
>> mythfilldatabase.  Do not
>> Fetch Channels from listings, it will only create
>> new channels and you'll
>> have duplicates (IIRC).  This is pretty much the
>> opposite of analog/cable TV
>> where you never scan and always Fetch.
>>
>> Hope this helps
>
> Hi Kevin thanks for the response.
>
> Well, I tried tvlistings.com, and I hover over the
> channels and get nothing (FireFox 3.0b5). Also,
> there's no lineup there which gives me my QAM-tuned
> channels. They're the same lineups available with
> SchedulesDirect, which also don't show my QAM lineup.
>
> Most of the callsign -> xmltv id mapping I already
> have at this point anyway, through other means. What I
> was hoping for was the XXX#YY -> callsign mapping, and
> it looks like that's not forthcoming. I've just spent
> a couple hours going through all the channels trying
> to identify the proper callsign for each one.
>
> It's nice to know I can edit the channels during live
> TV - I've been doing it in mythtv-setup so far. Well,
> it's off to that pleasure now. I hope I can get it
> done tonight.

I'd be surprised if Schedules Direct doesn't have your digital
channels - I can see them at zap2it.com, when I look at Time Warner
(digital) cable for your zip.  Click one of the channels (for
instance, KABCDT), and you'll get the link:

http://tvlistings.zap2it.com/tvlistings/ZCSGrid.do?stnNum=19570&channel=407&channelCnt=236

The XMLTV ID for this station is 19570.

You'll need to use the Time Warner (digital) lineup in SchedulesDirect, as well.

I doubt you're going to find a xx#yy to callsign table - at least here
in Atlanta, the cable provider moves these around a bit.