[mythtv-users] Help: No program info for QAM256 channels

zoiks2004-ivtv at yahoo.com zoiks2004-ivtv at yahoo.com
Sun May 25 02:52:14 UTC 2008

Thanks. OK, I made a stab at finding the xmltv id's. I
copied the table of the qam256 channels shown by
silicondust.com, into a spreadsheet. Then looked up
each call sign in SchedulesDirect, HDTV Magazine, and
TitanTV, and entered the found xmltv id's.

I then formed channel numbers by concatenating the
"Channel" and "Program" values from the data scraped
from silicondust.com's tool. Unfortunately I soon
realized that the channel and program values don't
correspond to the channels that were tuned by the
HDHomeRun. For yucks I tried a few to see if they by
chance would work, but they didn't.

In essence, I have channels tuned by the HDHR of the
form:

62#3
62#4
75#6
75#7
79#7
79#8
79#9
[...]
116#5
116#2
118#1
118#0
119#0

But the data from silicondust shows

54.204
54.205
74.405
79.1
79.2
79.3
79.4
79.5
[...]
80.20
80.21
80.22
80.23
80.24
[...]
118.217
118.218
118.220
118.221
118.271
118.272
118.274

The numbers just don't match up right. Silicondust's
numbers go into the hundreds, while the numbers from
the tuner generally go 0-12. (Sometimes more.) There
seems to be some correspondence for the first part of
the channel number, but I checked the order, and
channel 79#7 from the tuner does *not* correspond to
the 79.7 I got from silicondust's website.

So, what do I do to get the correct channel numbers ->
callsign mapping? Is there any hope? (BTW what a royal
P.I.T.A. this is turning out to be. I told my wife
this would be working yesterday, and she's wondering
why I'm not spending more time with the kid instead of
playing with the TV and mythbox. And why is
silicondust's website able to pull the lineups, but
not SchedulesDirect?)