[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase (still) not updating tomorow

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat May 24 15:56:01 UTC 2008

On 05/24/2008 09:10 AM, Chris wrote:
>   As recommend by someone on this list, I moved the mythfilldatabase running
> from a nightly cron job to letting mythtv handling it itself.  However, it does
> not seem to run every night and it still is not updating tomorrows schedule.
>
>   It is a MythTV 0.20.2 system on Ubuntu Feisty.  The configuration is as
> follows:
>     path: /usr/bin/mythfilldatabase
>     arguments: <blank>
>     log: /var/log/mythtv/mythfilldatabase.log
>     run frequency: 1
>     exe start: 9
>     exe end: 11
>     run at suggested time by grabber is checked

Change "mythfilldatabase Execution Start" to 0 and "mythfilldatabase
Execution End" to 23.  This is most likely why it's not running every
day.  The issue was fixed for 0.21, so another option is to upgrade.  :)

> I have attached the latest mythfilldatabase log (which is from 2 days ago).
> Notice, it says it needs to always update tomorrow, but never does.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas as to what is happening and/or how to fix it?

Best bet would be to upgrade to 0.21 since nobody is really likely to be
debugging 0.20.2 issues.  I think most (if not all) of the commonly-used
packages/distros have been updated to 0.21.  And, if the approach to
upgrade is not straightforward (i.e. some Ubuntu users have a
more-challenging upgrade path, IIRC) I'm sure others on the list can
help you find out your options.

> PS. I notice mythfilldatabase segfults on occasion and after some reading
> here, concluded it was due to a QT problem.  I don't know if that is affecting
> this any or not.

If it is the Qt 3.3.8 problem, it will have no impact on
mythfilldatabase (though MythArchive and a few other things are a
different story).  The problem should be fixed by newer packages of Qt
3.3.8, so upgrading your distro may fix this, also.

Mike