[mythtv-users] Start with Mythbuntu or (K)Ubuntu for GP Workstation/Myth Front-end?

Yann Lehmann aristide at vtxmail.ch
Fri May 23 19:40:39 UTC 2008

John Welch a écrit :

> a while.  My question is would I be better off starting with Mythbuntu
> and then adding things on from there, or starting with (K)Ubuntu and
> adding Myth on top of that?  Is is six of one or half dozen of another?
> I use KDE on basically all my desktops, and while I run XFCE on my eeePC
> and like it, I have a feeling I'll be going to KDE at some point on this
> new distro.

You can install (K)Ubuntu, and then install the package
'mythbuntu-control-centre' (from the universe source.list, and
multiverse must be enabled too) over it to have the control center of
Mythbuntu.

This will then help you to install/configure MythTV on the system.

I installed my system that way (well almost: I installed the package
'mythbuntu-desktop' over a command line install of Kubuntu 7.10).

Yann