[mythtv-users] My Hardware Profile...

Coin_Graham at genpt.com Coin_Graham at genpt.com
Fri May 23 13:47:47 UTC 2008

Great Questions!!

Server:
Currently I'm sitting on Dell Dual Single 1Gb Xeon Processors.  4Gb of ram.
The server has 2 raided HD for the OS and 10 high-speed raided drives for
the Data folder.  These are all SCSI drives and while they perform great,
they'll be hard to replace.  I have 2 or 3 PCI slots available.

I have cable from comcast here in Atlanta Georgia.  I'm planning on
purchasing the scheduling service I'd read about for $20/year.

-- Coin

mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org wrote on 05/23/2008 07:37:21 AM:

> [image removed]
>
> Re: [mythtv-users] Greetings!
>
> Mike Perkins
>
> to:
>
> Discussion about mythtv
>
> 05/23/2008 07:30 AM
>
> Sent by:
>
> mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
>
> Please respond to Discussion about mythtv <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
>
> Coin_Graham at genpt.com wrote:
> > Hello all.  My company saw fit to bequeath me with a server they
> wanted to throw
> > away and I've decided to attempt to turn it into a Myth TV back-
> end (front-end
> > TBD).  I wanted to start by asking if anyone had an opinion on
> Mythbuntu with a
> > focus on ease of use(i'm familiar with ubuntu)?
> >
> > Glad to see that there's an active community available to help in
> what appears
> > (hopefully superficially) to be a daunting task.
> >
> Your server model; processor type & speed; memory size and type
> would all help
> us to help you (You will likely buy more hard disks as time goes
> on). As would
> knowing where in the world you are, which helps us to know (i) what
> services are
> available to you (cable, satellite and/or Over-The-Air) (ii)
> depending on those,
> what cards or USB devices might be available in your market and (iii)
what