[mythtv-users] X.org CPU Usage @ 100% when showing guide redux

Jason Keirstead jason at keirstead.org
Fri May 23 12:05:55 UTC 2008

Michael T. Dean wrote:
> Set your system to use the default configuration of the Slim playback
> profile group ( http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Playback_profiles
> ).  If you messed with the configuration of that group, reset it to the
> defaults (
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Playback_profiles#Default_profile_groups
> ).
>
> Mike

My issue is not the playback profile. I have tried every profile and
every combination of deinterlacer and renderer option available to me (I
do not have XvMC support so I can not try that option)

I have a more complicated issue than this. Again - decoding of the HD
takes relatively no CPU at all. Playback of SD takes less than 1% CPU.
Playback of HD takes less than 10%. *ONLY* spikes every minute and
*ONLY* when the guide is present does the CPU spike up like this.

Does anyone have any idea what causes X to eat CPU like this? To me it
seems like it is something related to the guide and/or video scaling.