[mythtv-users] Gloss Mythtv frontend replacement

Jason Keirstead jason at keirstead.org
Fri May 23 12:02:06 UTC 2008

> Says a guy who hasn't been keeping up with MythTV development.
You know what they say about assumptions....

Yes, I keep up with MythTV development. I have been using this beast on
and off for over 4 years now, I think I know a bit about where it was
and where it is going.

Yes, the UI in HEAD is a vast improvement over the current UI. But again
I re-iterate  it is still based on QT, it is still not 100% OpenGL,
therefore, it can not go all the places gloss can go in the future.

Again, I don't mean to bash what is going on in myth, or what anyone is
working on it is open source, all people and projects have different
goals and priorities and will work on what they enjoy and/or feel sis
the best avenue. My personal preference is I prefer the route Gloss is
taking. That is all, it is a preference I have and some other people
likely have.

People need to get off their high horses and stop thinking what they
think is best is always best for everyone. Let everyone work on what
they feel is best, there is no such thing as wasted effort. This is the
whole point of open source and why you do things like make the myth
protocols plain text and easy to understand.