[mythtv-users] Downscaling HD to SD in .21

Don Porter porterde at cs.utexas.edu
Fri May 23 03:45:53 UTC 2008

Thanks Mike.

Myth is in full screen and not offset.  I'll check overscan.

I was able to work around the problem by transcoding my HD recordings
to 640x480.  Post-transcoding, they look like what I want.  I never
needed transcoding on my PVR-250.

This makes sense if the output of the hdhomerun unit is a 1080i stream
and the player is just cropping off the overflow.

Is there support for pipelined transcoding of live tv?  I think I have
the cpu to spare, and am willing to wait for buffering.  I am guessing
not, though.

Best,
Don