[mythtv-users] Greetings!

David Schlenk mythtv at schdav.org
Thu May 22 21:59:10 UTC 2008

On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 4:44 PM,  <Coin_Graham at genpt.com> wrote:

> Hello all.  My company saw fit to bequeath me with a server they wanted to
> throw away and I've decided to attempt to turn it into a Myth TV back-end
> (front-end TBD).  I wanted to start by asking if anyone had an opinion on
> Mythbuntu with a focus on ease of use(i'm familiar with ubuntu)?
>
> Glad to see that there's an active community available to help in what
> appears (hopefully superficially) to be a daunting task.
>
> --  Coin

I'm a recent mythbuntu convert formerly a fedora user. They seem to
take care of more things for you while staying pretty current. Still
had to spend some time reading logs and asking for help to get XvMC
working with my video card but all in all I'd recommend it over the
alternatives. Everyone has different needs/experiences, but if you're
familiar with debian and/or ubuntu then it sounds like the perfect
fit. Also their theme is nice looking.