[mythtv-users] Mythtv smart recording

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Thu May 22 17:44:38 UTC 2008

2008/5/22 Conrad <conrad.montlouis at gmail.com>:
> Let's say I have to stop liveTv manually.  The 'question' still remains,
> wouldn't it be nice to be able to resume the recording from where it was
> left off?

It could be useful for users who do not have enough tuners for their
requirements, although this situation hampers MythTV from working most
effectively. Pressing 'R'ecord during LiveTV will continue to record
it when you exit out of LiveTV. Interrupted scheduled recordings
should re-schedule if aborted early. If you often need to cancel
recordings to watch LiveTV, I'd recommend either getting a dedicated
feed to your TV, so you do not need to bother MythTV when it is
recording, or get enough capture inputs so that you can use MythTV to
its fullest.

LiveTV is not a top priority amongst developers (my opinion) - I would
suggest adding the feature request to the releveant page on the MythTV
wiki, and see if it grabs someone's attention. If you want to add it
to trac as a feature request, you'd need to supply a patch.

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/