[mythtv-users] Mythtv smart recording

Steve Peters - Priority Electronics steve at priorityelectronics.com
Wed May 21 21:33:15 UTC 2008

>Buy an extra tuner and install. Don't connect it to a source,
>so Myth won't use
>it for recording from. Set up priorities so it gets selected
>first for Live TV
>usage.
>
>--
>
>Mike Perkins

If you don't use a source, then how does myth know what channels it can
tune? Also, I had to get rid of my second pvr-500 cause when I had two of
them in my system, they were both getting vertical moving lines in the
recordings. Since I removed one of them, the lines are gone in the other's
recordings. Got it sitting on my desk here and am gonna ebay it soon. It
sucks that I could not find any fix to the vertical lines.

I have since bought a plextor convertx and am having a heck of a time
getting it to work in mythbuntu 8.04. Totally tweaks my system when it is
plugged in.
-Steve