[mythtv-users] Netflix's new Roku product.

Scott D. Davilla davilla at 4pi.com
Wed May 21 19:51:09 UTC 2008

>On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 12:25 PM, Jeremy Palenchar
><jeremy at palenchar.net> wrote:
>>  I really doubt that the Roku is going to have Netflix's cert stored as a
>>  "trusted" cert. This would mean that the Roku box would have to be updated
>>  every time the server certs change (expire) on the Netflix side.
>>
>>  -J
>
>True, but given that it's an internet appliance that means sending it
>a file (iPhone anyone?)...  Also, do you have a BluRay player?  They
>have to be updated regularly to play new discs, it isn't a stretch to
>begin expecting this to fall into other devices.

I seriously doubt they will send anything that says "look here, it's
the new cert". They already have a trusted transfer path, a new cert
would be transferred using that.

The only way to "recover" it will be to yank the epprom and find it
manually which is what the iPhone hackers have done. Even then, it
will not be an easy task as the iPhone hackers have discovered and
solved.