[mythtv-users] Mythtv smart recording

Conrad conrad.montlouis at gmail.com
Wed May 21 18:54:55 UTC 2008

 Let's say that I have one (analog) tuner in my box and that I have a
scheduled recording, from 5:30 to 7:30.  For some odd reason ( e.g major
newsbreak) I need to watch live tv around 6:30, I am assuming that my
recording will be interrupted once I switch to livetv.  How can I set Mythtv
to find the next broadcast of the scheduled recording and resume the
interrupted recording at the point where it was previously stopped?  Is that
even possible?  If not wouldn't that be a great use case?