[mythtv-users] Netflix's new Roku product.

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Wed May 21 16:17:55 UTC 2008

On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 9:11 AM, Chad <masterclc at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 10:02 AM, Mark Knecht <markknecht at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I wonder what the chances are of some smart Myth developer using my
>> backend as a DNS server, fooling the box into thinking it's talking to
>> NetFlix and then letting me stream Myth recordings to this Watch Now
>> box? :-)
>>
>> - Mark
>
> Genius!  :D  We'd have to figure out what format the box wants stuff
> in, but I think that would be trivial..
>
> -Chad

Assuming the box itself isn't too smart about what it expect to see on
a NetFlix front page I'd guess that MythWeb (which I've never used by
the way) could create a web page that the box displays on the screen.
After that it's a matter of understanding how the remote works as well
as the video and audio formats themselves.

I suspect it's pretty do-able, but I don't have to do the work! ;-)

Cheers,
Mark