[mythtv-users] Question about the Transport Editor

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Wed May 21 10:50:36 UTC 2008

The GUIGuy wrote:
> When I do a channel scan, I receive similar free to air channels from
> two transponders or transports. One of these provides very poor signal
> levels.
>
> MyhtTV in its wisdom keeps the ones with the weaker signals and chucks
> out the ones with the stronger ones.
>
> So, if I were to go to the Channel editor and set only the transport
> frequencies I want and then do a channel scan, should that solve my
> problem? Or will MythTV start hunting for other nearby transports?

Exactly right. The only problem is usually in deciding which are the right
transports. You don't say where in the world you are, so I can't help there.

I have a similar problem here in the UK. I can get signals from at least three
different transmitters, totally threw me till I figured out what was happening.
--

Mike Perkins