[mythtv-users] Downscaling HD to SD in .21

Don Porter porterde at cs.utexas.edu
Wed May 21 04:21:39 UTC 2008

Hi,

I recently bought a HD Homerun tuner.  When I try to watch HD tv on my
SD frontend, the playback is not properly scaled to the screen.  Just
under a half of the picture is off of the screen on the right hand
side (from my perspective).

Any suggestions on what might be going wrong here?  Based on earlier
postings, I was under the impression that mythtv should automatically
downscale the picture for a lower resolution tv.

I am running a stanard ubuntu install (8.04), on an x86_64 system with
myth .21.

I can tweak the zoom/aspect ratio settings to get it tolerable, but
even then the outer 10% or so is cropped off.  Ideally, I'd like to
get the standard black bars on the top and bottom and see the whole
picture.

Thanks in advance for your help,
Don