[mythtv-users] root partition filled up -- no space to start mysqld

Matt White whitem at arts.usask.ca
Wed May 21 03:54:21 UTC 2008

Dewey Smolka wrote:

[snip]
> So I then launched a recording. I then went to look /mythlibrary and
> the new recording (currently running) does not appear. Nor does it
> appear in /mythlibrary2. Not does it appear in /mnt/sdb2.
>
> I'm starting to suspect that this is a problem with the binding in
> fstab, and maybe that I don't know if I'm doing it correctly.
>
> Here's my fstab again:
>
> LABEL=/1                /                       ext3    defaults        1 1
> #LABEL=/mythlibrary      /mythlibrary2           xfs     defaults        1 2
> LABEL=/boot1            /boot                   ext3    defaults        1 2
> tmpfs                   /dev/shm                tmpfs   defaults        0 0
> devpts                  /dev/pts                devpts  gid=5,mode=620  0 0
> sysfs                   /sys                    sysfs   defaults        0 0
> proc                    /proc                   proc    defaults        0 0
> LABEL=SWAP-sda3         swap                    swap    defaults        0 0
> /dev/sdb1               swap                    swap    defaults        0 0
> /dev/cdrom              /media/cdrom            auto    noauto,ro,user  0 0
> /dev/sda5               /mythlibrary2           jfs     rw      0 0
> /dev/sdb2               /mnt/sdb2               jfs     rw      0 0
> /dev/sdc2               /mnt/sdc2               jfs     rw      0 0
> /mnt/sdb2               /mythlibrary            none    rw,bind 0 0

My guess is that the /mythlibrary mount is happening before the
/mnt/sdb2 mount (or else mythbackend is starting before the mounts are
done).  Why exactly are you using bind?  Why not just mount /dev/sdb2
directly on /mythlibrary?

In any case, try umounting /mnt/sdb2 and /mythlibrary, and then mount
them manually in the correct order.  Then start mythbackend and see if
recordings go in the right place.

Matt White                          whitem at arts.usask.ca
Arts and Science Computer Labs      University of Saskatchewan