[mythtv-users] Error upgrading DB scheme from .20.2 to 21

Brent Norris brent at brentnorris.net
Tue May 20 22:39:34 UTC 2008

Mike Holden wrote:
> What you should be running is tthe query you posted earlier, which is:
>
> SELECT DISTINCT 'Default', hostname, data     FROM settings     WHERE
> value = 'RecordFilePrefix'         AND hostname IS NOT NULL         AND
> hostname <> '';
>
> mysql> SELECT DISTINCT 'Default', hostname, data     FROM settings
> WHERE value = 'RecordFilePrefix'         AND hostname IS NOT NULL
> AND hostname <> '';
> +---------+-------------+----------------------------+
> | Default | hostname    | data                       |
> +---------+-------------+----------------------------+
> | Default | OLDHOSTNAME | /var/lib/mythtv/recordings |
> +---------+-------------+----------------------------+

Whoops sorry:

mysql> SELECT DISTINCT 'Default', hostname, data     FROM settings     WHERE
     -> value = 'RecordFilePrefix'         AND hostname IS NOT NULL
     AND
     -> hostname <> '';
+---------+----------+----------+
| Default | hostname | data     |
| Default | mythback | /storage |
1 row in set (0.01 sec)

So this result makes even less sense to me when related to the error
that is in the log file:

ERROR 1062 (23000): Duplicate entry 'Default-mythback-/storage' for key 2

since it doesn't seem like there is a duplicate entry.

Brent