[mythtv-users] MythTV and the "average" user...

Greg Estabrooks greg at phaze.org
Tue May 20 14:40:20 UTC 2008

> The standard Myth themes seem to make almost too many functions available to
> the average user, and choice of wording for some of the menus may be
> considered confusing to some?

 Themes have no real influence of the menu items names.

> I guess what I need is a very simple theme which allows watching and
> recording shows and all the other stuff is hidden behind an 'advanced' menu.

 Also nothing a theme can influence. there is no concept over
"regular setting" and "advanced settings". (Who decides what is advanced? :) )

> when building the mythtv box about 18 months ago was for it to replace the
> Tivo, which I just know will fail, up to now my wife still insists on using
> the Tivo for day to day use and calls me in to record something on the

 It's all a matter of what you are use to. My wife has beenusing myth for years
and one day we were at a friends who had a tivo. My wife was lost trying to navigate or get it to play what she wanted :)