[mythtv-users] Mysterious backend deletion

Damian damian at gingermagic.co.uk
Tue May 20 08:38:25 UTC 2008

My system is in a bit of a mess at the moment thanks to the Ubuntu 8.04
'upgrade(!?!)' and my attempts to fix the results of it.

I'll keep this thread to the problem of the backend.

I've been unable to connect to the backend from any of my frontend's for
a couple of days now. I thought that this was due to a different problem
all together, but today I ran:

mythbackend
from the command line on the backend machine and got:
The program 'mythbackend' is currently not installed.  You can install
it by typing:
sudo apt-get install mythtv-backend
bash: mythbackend: command not found

If I run 'sudo apt-get install mythtv-backend', will my settings,
recordings and DB be kept in tact, or are there a few things I need to
do first?

Damian