[mythtv-users] Is ANYONE experiencing issues with Audio/Video sync?

Michael Jones michael at michaelandholly.com
Tue May 20 04:50:33 UTC 2008

On May 19, 2008, at 6:21 PM, Dylan Semler wrote:

> On Sun, May 18, 2008 at 10:20 PM, Michael Jones <michael at michaelandholly.com
> > wrote:
> Is anyone out there having issues with audio/video sync with either
> the internal player or mplayer?
>
> All of my disc.iso files are sitting on the backend and shared to the
> frontend(s) via NFS.   I'm getting an intermittent audio delay,
> especially when I fast forward.  Sometimes, as the video plays, the
> delay gets worse and worse.
>
> Can anyone help?
>
> I just discovered that I have A/V sync issues too.  I ripped a DVD
> to an ISO using myth and when I play the resulting iso with the
> internal player, the sound is off by a second or two.  I haven't sat
> through a whole movie so I don't know if it gets worse.  I played
> the same iso with VLC and the audio and video were in sync.

I'm using DVDFab to RIP my DVD's.  In the past I've used DVDDecrypter
and DVDDShrink to do the same job - so the ISO's I have are a
mixture.   There does NOT seem to be a correlation between the delay
and what I ripped it with.

The problem did not exist in ANY form on my .20 system, and Recorded
programs from my PVR150 and PVR250 do not exhibit the problem.

If I pause the movie or skip backward.. it SEEMS to improve.. but it
never corrects it completely.

What can I do to figure out what's going on.  Logs don't show any odd
behavior at all..

Is this a known issue with .21?  If it is.. what can we do to help the
developers solve it?

Thanks.

- Michael