[mythtv-users] Transcode error

Nigel Wright nigel at clubhertzog.com
Tue May 20 03:03:31 UTC 2008

Jim,

Not sure if you're seeing the same set of variables I had - but -

I am running Mythubuntu 8.04 with a Haupage -150.

It turns out I didn't have my transcoder for MPEG2 (the default hardware)
setup properly. If you go to (in mythbuntu)
Utilities/Setup -> Setup -> TV Settings -> Recording Profiles
Then select auto detect from mpeg2

Make sure that your selected codec is MPEG-4 not the RTJpeg. As soon as I
made this change the errors went away.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Nigel