[mythtv-users] Watch Recordings List Empty

kid charlemagne kidcharlemagne87 at yahoo.com
Tue May 20 02:51:04 UTC 2008

> Okay, I just migrated a database from a 0.20.2
> install to a fresh 0.21 install on Ubuntu 8.04. I
> backed up my old database using:
>
> mysql -u mythtv -p mythconverg > mythdb.sql
>
> After installing the new mythtv 0.21 package, I
> dropped (deleted) the mythconverg database, created
> an empty fresh database called mythconverg, then
> imported the backed-up database with
>
> mysql -u mythtv -p mythconverg < mythdb.sql
>
> I then ran 'mythtv-setup' which updated the database
> to the current schema successfully. Everything runs
> fine except for one very large problem. When I click
> on "Watch Recordings" the list is empty, my old
> recordings do not show up.

I have discovered the cause of this problem. When the
database was upgraded to the new schema, the updater
failed to create the field 'watched' to the table
'recorded' in the mythconverg database. Since this
field was missing from the recorded program
information, the programs simply did not show up in
the 'Watch Recordings' screen.

The solution was to manually add the missing field to
the database. After that was done, the 'Watch
Recordings' screen properly showed all recorded
programs. For those who need to do this themselves,
these are the attributes of the field:

table: recorded
field: watched (add after 'transcode' field)
type: tinyint(4)
collation: none
attributes: none
null: no
default: 0
extra: none

It can be added by command line or using the
phpMyAdmin web browser utility. I simply set the value
to 0 for programs that had been recorded on the old
0.20.2 mythtv installation.

I consider this a bug and will be reporting it on the
tracker.