[mythtv-users] IR Blasters

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sat May 17 13:46:34 UTC 2008

On May 16, 2008, at 6:43 PM, Billy Macdonald wrote:

> Does anyone know of any affordable USB IR Blasters?
>
> My cable company is going to be eliminating analog so I need to use
> cable boxes which you cannot change the codes on.  So I'll need three
> separate blasters that are physically separated to control the three
> STB.
>
> But I can't seem to find a solution that will be less than $100 to
> control three STB using the same codes.
>
> Any advice? I'm upset about having to go to STB and the cost of
> setting up blasters is quite disturbing.
>
> Billy
>
> PS I do have two serial ports but I'm looking to control three boxes.

So I assume you are certain that there is no way to change the codes
on the STBs? I know pretty much all satellite receivers allow you to
do this, after all I wouldn't think  the providers would want to
discourage paying for more than 1 box.

This would obviously allow you to use one emitting device for multiple
STBs.

beww