[mythtv-users] MythTV Frontend shutdown

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Sat May 17 13:37:45 UTC 2008

On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 3:37 PM, Martijn Morriën <dj.escay at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've installed Mythbuntu 8.04 and want to use Mythwelcome. When I use the
> suggested myth-halt.sh I see in /var/log/mythtv/mythbackend.log:
>
> 2008-05-16 21:25:11.050 Running the command to shutdown this computer :-
>
> /usr/share/mythtv/myth-halt.sh
> Error org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.AccessDenied: A security policy in place
> prevents this sender from sending this message to this recipient, see
> message bus configuration file (rejected message had interface
> "org.freedesktop.Hal.Device.SystemPowerManagement" member "Shutdown" error
> name "(unset)" destination "org.freedesktop.Hal")
> 2008-05-16 21:25:13.089 I'm idle now... shutdown will occur in 60 seconds.
>
> Also when I try the command manually it gives me this error.
>
> I do not know what to do, can I solve this easily?
>
> In the mean time I tried to add the mythtv user to the sudoers file with
> visudo to not require a password. But sudo keeps asking for a password.
>
> I added the following line:
> mythtv ALL=NOPASSWD: /sbin/reboot, /sbin/halt, /sbin/shutdown
> Does it matter where I add the line in the file? I assume spaces are ok, and
> visudo does not complain when I save the file.
>
> I gave the mythtv user a password. (Mythbuntu only uses the user via sudo ?)
>
> But when I try it, it does not work, for example:
>
> rmorrien at MythTV:~$ su mythtv
> Password:
> $ /usr/bin/sudo /sbin/reboot
> [sudo] password for mythtv:
>
> Suggestions are welcome,
>
> Martijn

Under Gentoo I have this in my /etc/sudoers file:

mythtv  ALL = NOPASSWD: /sbin/halt

...and for the halt command in mythtv for the frontend I have:

/usr/bin/sudo /sbin/halt

...and it works fine.  I think your list of commands should be
separated only by spaces such as:

mythtv ALL=NOPASSWD: /sbin/reboot /sbin/halt /sbin/shutdown

I think the comma is used for device,command combination such as
/dev/cdrom,/bin/mount

Tom