[mythtv-users] Playback profiles question

Mark Kendall mark.kendall at gmail.com
Sat May 17 10:36:56 UTC 2008

2008/5/17 Phil Bridges <gravityhammer at gmail.com>:
> On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 11:02 PM, Phil Bridges <gravityhammer at gmail.com> wrote:
>> If I make a custom playback group with multiple deinterlacing
>> profiles, how does Myth determine which entry to use?  Essentially, I
>> want to be able to try Bob 2x for 1080i and 480i recordings, but not
>> for 720p and 480p recordings.  How would I set this up?  I looked at
>> the wiki entry for playback profiles
>> (http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Playback_profiles#Default_profiles),
>> but it doesn't really seem to describe this process well.

Phil

The profile you've described doesn't require any complexity.
Deinterlacing will be turned off when playing 720p and 480p so you
just need a simple/single profile that uses bob as the deinterlacer.

Otherwise, mythtv will filter entries in a playback profile based on
the video size and then prioritise the remaining entries. If the
highest priority profile fails at playback time (e.g. xvmc not
available), it will try the next etc.

Regards

Mark