[mythtv-users] Padding Pre & Post (Soft)

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri May 16 15:18:28 UTC 2008

On 05/16/2008 09:07 AM, Lindsay Mathieson wrote:
> In Setup|TV Settings|General|Advanced (Page 4) there are two settings:
> - Time to record before start of show (in seconds)
> and
> - Time to record past end of show (in seconds)
>

> They do pre and post padding - soft in that they are ignored if the
> following show is to be recorded as well. As I recall there is a setting
> which makes them hard so alternate tuners will be used - very useful now
> we have multirec for DVB.
>
> Can anyone recall where that setting is?

Kevin's response was right.  The setting you were thinking of is:

Avoid back to back recordings from different channels
If set, the scheduler will avoid assigning shows from different channels
to the same card if their end time and start time match. This will be
allowed when necessary in order to resolve conflicts.

which doesn't make the "Time to record before start/past end of show" a
"hard" padding.

It's in mythfrontend settings under TV Settings in Priorities in the
section "Scheduler Options".

Mike