[mythtv-users] Anyone run into NBC's Broadcast flag?

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Thu May 15 17:00:04 UTC 2008

On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 12:34 PM,  <backuppc at sundquist.imapmail.org> wrote:
> http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=08/05/15/0312256
>
> Just wonder if anyone had a tuner that recognized the flag and had a
> show not record.  I know that the legislation demanding tuner compliance
> with the broadcast flag didn't pass, but I always wondered if any of
> them had implemented it anyway.  pcHDTV makes a big deal out of not
> implementing it in their products.
>
> Apparently Windows MCE wouldn't record affected shows.

I can't imagine why they bothered doing this seeing as so few
products/programs pay any attention to the flag.

Seriously though...as if it's not bad enough NBC mixes different frame
rates as well a mixing progressive and interlaced frames in their
broadcasts (it still amazes me that myth handles this pretty
well)...now they activate the broadcast flag??  Could they try a
little harder to be a bunch of a-holes?

Jeesh...

Tom