[mythtv-users] MythTV and the "average" user...

Nick F nikos.f at gmail.com
Thu May 15 15:35:44 UTC 2008

On 5/15/08, Colin McGregor <colin.mc151 at gmail.com> wrote:

> So, the question is has MythTV with say Mythbuntu
> reached the point where once set-up a "average" person could run the
> machine? Basicly I want something that will make life easier for her,
> not frustrate her...

I love Myth, and my (non-technie) wife is able to use it fine when I'm away
for extended periods on business travel.

The only thing is, my setup does crash every so often, and once my wife
learnt the basics of restarting the frontend, and if needed ssh'ing to the
backend to restart the backend when something went crazy there, it's been
fine.

My setup is not yet at the consumer appliance level.  I personally wouldn't
do one for my (completely non-technical) mother.