[mythtv-users] Aspect Ratio - Composite Input to WS TV?

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at optusnet.com.au
Wed May 14 22:25:27 UTC 2008

Don't ask why :) but I'm recording HD Widescreen & 4:3 shows and playing
them back via composite input to a Widescreen plasma. The best (and
default) display I can get is 1024x768 over my NVidia 7200GS

The TV quite happily scales a 4:3 signal to widescreen and when I use
windows software(GBPVR)  everything looks perfect.

However Myth seems to insist on assuming my output is 4:3 and scaling
its output to match, so WS videos are stretched and fine with bars
above/below, 4:3 shows are boxed in the middle and also stretched.

I can force 16:9 video aspect but that still has the same results, its
only when I specify Zoo=Full that things look ok, except for Movies
which are 2.35:1 (Cinemascope). They're Zoomed to full as well which
looks terrible ...

Is there anyway to tell myth that the output device is 16:9 despite
having a 4:3 pixel ratio?

Thanks, Lindsay