[mythtv-users] Cannot play recorded HD H264, advice on faster hardware needed

klaas de waal klaas.de.waal at gmail.com
Wed May 14 20:33:40 UTC 2008

I've managed to make MythTV recordings from the local cable in HD (H264,
1080i at 50).
However, I do not have a PC that is fast enough to play these recordings
back....
The latest Minimyth (21.0-50) can play this without choking on the file
format (as can the latest ffplay and mplayer, built from svn) but on my
hardware, AMD3500 (single core, 2.2GHz), it does not even go at "half real
time".

I have put a 9MB fragment (file called sheep9.mpg) here:
http://www.box.net/shared/yeo9ymakg0

Maybe somebody with MythTV on fast processor can check if they can play this
file and advice me on what hardware (processor /video card) I need for this?

Thanks,
Klaas.