[mythtv-users] Suddenly MythTV refuses to use both tuners

Carl-Magnus Björkell carl-magnus.bjorkell at pp.inet.fi
Tue May 13 19:16:04 UTC 2008

Hi,

I'm using MythTV on a openSUSE box, and upgrade to the newest mythtv
packages (packaged by packman) fairly often. I have two DVB-C tuners,
one which is equipped with a CI-reader for my Conax card to watch
encrypted channels.

Myth has been conffed to use the unencrypted card whenever possible when
recording, so that the "better" card is free for live-tv if needed.

A couple of weeks ago I started noticing that while one of the tuners
where recording, I could not get a channel lock with the other tuner.
Now I would think that this would be related to signal strength, were it
not for one thing: All recordings have also started to be scheduled ONLY
on the Conax-capable card. Both tuners work fine if the other is not
active (I've tried changing inputs etc, and it works).

AFAIK no configuration has been changed, and this setup has worked like
a charm unchanged since the release of 0.21 (with the exception of a
change from XML-tv parsed programdata to EIT scans.)

Has anyone had any similar problems lately, and more importantly, does
anyone have any idea about what could be causing this?

As I said I've been using Packmans packages. The current version I have is:
MythTV Branch    : branches/release-0-21-fixes
Library API      : 0.21.20080304-1

Greets,
-Calle