[mythtv-users] Minimyth not streaming video

Justin Gibson jugibson at gmail.com
Wed May 14 15:06:56 UTC 2008

Ok, I telnetted into "Dwarf" my minimyth frontend, issued {killall
mythfrontend} then issued {xinit}

One weird thing before I went to the "Watch Videos" I saw in the log:
SIP listening on IP Adress 192.168.1.6:5060 NAT address 192.168.1.6
SIP: Cannot register; proxy, username or password not set

then when I go to the Watch Videos i navigate to the the video I want (tried
many that I know work on the back/frontend in the livingroom) in the log it
says cannot find videoX.avi  failed to open videoX.avi repeatedly.

Do I need to make a symlink to somewhere or chmod the video directory? Which
by the way I have stored on external HDD mounted with write permissions by
everyone located at /media/extmedia/Encoded/.....if that matters. Thanks
very much for the previous help!