[mythtv-users] HD material not displaying full screen. (SOLVED)

Simon Levitt maillists at whattf.com
Tue May 13 19:56:37 UTC 2008

On Sunday 11 May 2008 21:08:15 Simon Levitt wrote:
> All of my test HD content (movie trailers for the new Indiana Jones, Speed
> Racer, & Wall-E and also the BBC Motion Library footage) is displayed
> chopped off at a width of around 1536 pixels - the rest of the screen being
> rendered in a pinkish white. This cutting off also affects the OSD.

Just in case anyone cares...

The issue was a compound of a couple of things: I'm running a Gentoo system on
an AMD64 x2 in 64bit mode, and using a graphics card (Radeon 9200 based) that
uses the x11-drivers/xf86-video-ati.

After adding debug in various parts of the code I worked out the issue was due
to calling XvShmPutImage with a source image width of greater than 1520ish, I
finally found a thread with someone with a similar issue (namely the pink bar
on the right) - It was very old, but it suggested upgrading the radeon
driver.

I decided to try adding ~amd64 to my package.keywords file for
x11-drivers/xf86-video-ati and the following emerge upgraded from around
version 6.6.3 (IIRC) to 6.8.0-r1 - and thats sorted it...

Full HD, Full screen!... Excellent.

Simon.,