[mythtv-users] increasing load

Udo van den Heuvel udovdh at xs4all.nl
Tue May 13 18:14:32 UTC 2008

Joe Ripley wrote:
> On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 11:43 PM, Udo van den Heuvel <udovdh at xs4all.nl> wrote:
>>  > see if there's any unusual disk activity.
>>  Just streaming of a few mbit/s of three lowish bitrate TV-channels plus
>>  the normal mythtv/mysql interaction.
>
> Are any of your recordings being stored/accessed via an NFS share?

Nope.
All local on the sata disk.

>>  The memory consumption of the backend is also increasing.
>
> Has the system started to use any of the swap yet?

Not yet. Also I restarted the backend because of the memoryleak tip.
Indeed memory is back to normal starting values.
Load remains highish, tough.
Even tough we're 70-80% idle.

> Does the load drop back to zero when you shut off mythbackend and mythfrontend?

I did not shut down the backend long enough to check that. Will keep an
eye on it on the next occasion.