[mythtv-users] Temporary but effective MinGW solution for SDL compilation

David William Eckert davy2002a at gmail.com
Mon May 12 20:11:16 UTC 2008

Hi, this might be off-topic in general but I've noticed there was a
problem linking SDL libraries necessary to build MythTV and I know that
MythTV's wiki also has this exact problem listed, I found a temporary
solution to this so I joined today to provide whoever is in-charge of
the wiki in question.

The problem appears to be related to libtool trying to link version.o
which is a compiled win32 resource file, I found that simply removing
that portion of it in the generated Makefile causes the compilation
process to complete successfully, anyways I hope this information will
be helpful for whomever is interested in building SDL or even MythTV
with SDL libraries.

Makefile portion: $(objects)/version.o
Wiki Article:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Windows_Port#SDL_-_libtool_cannot_build_libtool_library_libSDL.la