[mythtv-users] Unable to view channel 7

Graham Smith gqsmith at tpg.com.au
Mon May 12 14:01:24 UTC 2008

On Mon, 12 May 2008, martyn at martyn.id.au wrote:
> G'day,
> ive got a strange issue whereby i can browse and view every channel,
> except for channel 7 (im in australia BTW)
>
> I can do a channel scan and it picks up every channel perfectly fine,
> including the 7HD channel, and 7 guide.
> Its only when i go to view live tv on 7, 7digital 1, 7 digital 2, 7
> HD, or 7 guide that myth locks up, and refuses to browse the channel,
> before forcing me to switch to another
>
> i have tried deleting out all of the channels out of the DB from
> withing mythweb, before re-scanning for them again. I have also tried
> deleting all of the channels directly from the db using
>
> DELETE channel,program FROM channel NATURAL LEFT JOIN program WHERE
> channum BETWEEN 1 AND 100;
>
> None of which has worked!
>
> if it matters, im running mythdora 5, previously running mythdora 4
> perfectly fine, and have also made a mythbuntu  install which works
> perfectly fine
>
> i havent been able to find where the frontend is logging to, so that i
> can check the log, so havent been able to get any further
>
> any suggestions on where to head from here? as im not keen on re-doing
> the myth install again

There were changes to Channel 7's broadcast setting in December last year.

"These changes will be to the DVB "code rate" from 2/3 to 3/4 and in the
case of Brisbane, also the GI from 1/8 to 1/16 resulting in similar
transmission parameters to the other Free-to-air digital TV broadcasts."

Please refer to the following search results for more details.
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/engine?list=mythtv&do=search_results&search_forum=forum_1&search_string=Channel+7+in+Australia&search_type=AND

--
Regards,

Graham Smith