[mythtv-users] OT: ATSC/QAM Encode to distribute HD over longer runs.

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Mon May 12 13:28:34 UTC 2008

Wow, didn't know my original question would spark such a lengthy
conversation. To hijack my original post:

The main reason for the question was more for information distribution
that a full "frontend" time arrangement. Maybe a TV channel, maybe a
power point slide show. We use some of those ethernet boxes to pump TV
channels to various TV's at work (multi building campus). At the time
it was installed it probably was the best solution, however, the box
is only capable of 480p but they are hooked up to 46-50" LCD TVs.
Since almost all TV's have ATSC decoders in them I thought it might be
easier to just wire some coax and get full HD.

Richard