[mythtv-users] MythTV Frontend shutdown

Peter Øgaard Meyland peter at meyland.dk
Mon May 12 09:31:18 UTC 2008

Hi all

I have a combo FE / BE in the livingroom and a FE Only in the bedroom.
My problem is that i can't shutodown the FE from within MythTV. Every
time i select Shutdown in the mainmenu nothing happends.

I have done the following:
    1 I have enabled SHUTDOWN in mainmenu.xml
    2 As HaltCommand I have entered 'sudo /sbin/shutdown -h now' (I
guess that SHUTDOWN is executing this)
    3 Using visudo I have entered the following line mythUser
ALL=NOPASSWD: /sbin/shutdown, /sbin/poweroff, /sbin/reboot, /sbin/halt

The user MythUser can execute the command 'sudo /sbin/shutdown -h now'
from a terminal windows and everything works, but not from within
MythFrontend. What am I doing wrong?

/Peter