[mythtv-users] From ATRPMS Fedora to Mythdora

Mike LaPlante mike at dividia.net
Sun May 11 16:46:11 UTC 2008

Mike LaPlante wrote:
> So, its about that time again, time for a complete reinstall on my
> boxen. I'm currently running Fedora 7 and using ATrpms to get my MythTV
> packages. F7 is fast approaching EOL and I want to switch over to
> Mythdora for my installs.
>
> Before I do so I want to make sure I won't have problems restoring my
> database. I'm fairly sure Mythdora uses the same rpms from the same
> repo, and therefore the schema's should be exactly the same. But I
> wanted to ask before I screwed the pooch.
>
> My current plan is to follow this guide
> (http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-23.html#ss23.7). I want to make
> sure restoring those tables isn't going to mess up whatever it is
> Mythdora sets up for me during the initial install.
>
> Also, I'm putting in some new drives and repartitioning, so as long as I
> put my recorded files in the same path everything should be gravy right?
>
> Thanks
> Mike

Replying to myself for bump. I'm trying to get started on this today.

Question Recap:
1. Best way to get Fedora based mythconverg db in place after Mythdora
install. Do a full install then restore my backed up tables?

2. Path issues, Mythdora uses /storage, my Fedora install used /video.
Can I change that in Mythdora somewhere? Just use a symlink? I want to
make sure the new Mythdora can find my old recordings. If I just copy my
old recordings to /storage will myth be able to find them?

Thanks
Mike