[mythtv-users] Longstanding bug in mythtv-setup's channel editor

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sun May 11 06:12:08 UTC 2008

On 09/05/2008, John Veness <John.Veness.myth at pelago.org.uk> wrote:
> Ian Forde wrote:
>  > On Wed, 2008-04-30 at 00:30 -0700, Ian Forde wrote:
>  >> Anyone ever notice that when using the channel editor, it lists the
>  >> channel number, followed by the name and tuner (in parentheses)?  Well,
>  >> if you edit or delete one instance, the screen pops up again but without
>  >> the listed tuner.  The only current workaround is to exit the channel
>  >> editor and go back in...
>  >
>  > "Hello? Is this thing on?"
>  >
>  > Incidentally, I meant "if you edit or delete one *channel*"...
>  >
>  > Just wanted some confirmation before filing a bug...
>  >
>  >       -I
>

> Assuming you mean "video sources" rather than "tuner", then I've seen
>  the same thing. I have two sources (let's call them Source1 and Source2)
>  with several channels duplicated. When I first go into the channel
>  editor I see stuff like:
>
>  BBC ONE (1) (Source1)
>  BBC ONE (1) (Source2)
>  BBC TWO (2) (Source1)
>  BBC TWO (2) (Source2)
>
>  If I go into a channel then press Escape (I don't even have to change
>  anything), the list changes to stuff like:
>
>  BBC ONE (1)
>  BBC ONE (1)
>  BBC TWO (2)
>  BBC TWO (2)
>
>  In other words, all the channels are still listed, but it is no longer
>  clear which one is on which source. This is with the Ubuntu 0.21 packages.
>
>  I haven't quite got my head round the trac etiquette to know whether
>  this is allowed to be filed as a bug or not.

If the list behaviour is inconsistent when redisplaying the same data,
it's a bug.

I think the cause is in ChannelListSetting::fillSelections(void) (in
mythtv/libs/libmythtv/channeleditor.cpp, see source at
http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/browser/branches/release-0-21-fixes/mythtv/libs/libmythtv/channeleditor.cpp#L114).

When the channel list is first displayed, conditions are such that the
sourceid information is displayed. The test determining whether
sourceid information is displayed is:

if ((currentSourceID == "") && (currentSourceID != "Unassigned")) {}

When the channel is selected, I think that currentSouceID is getting
updated to that of the selected channel, such that when the user
ESCapes back to the channel list, the test fails, and the source info
is no longer displayed.

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki: