[mythtv-users] Install MythTV SVN on Fedora wiki page upgraded for Fedora 9

Dylan Semler dylan.semler at gmail.com
Sat May 10 18:19:07 UTC 2008

I'm just letting interested people know that I just finished making
significant changes to the "Install MythTV SVN on Fedora" wiki page[1]
The procedure is a bit different than before but it's much more organized
and much easier to follow.  If anyone has any issues, they should be brought
up on the page's "discussion" page[2].

A couple notes on the new wiki page:
* The current and previous proprietary nvidia drivers (173.08) don't work
with the shipped X.org 1.4.99.  You can get them to work by disabling glx,
but then there's not much point in running the proprietary drivers without
glx (I assume).  I would be very surprised if nvidia were able to update
their drivers by the time F9 is released.
* I added references to downloading a couple F9 rpms that don't exist yet
(i.e. the livna repo configuration rpm).  I assume they'll be up soon.
* The current guide does not require you to follow Jarod's guide or first
install mythtv-suite from ATrpms.  You can begin from a clean Fedora
install.

[1]http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Installing_MythTV_SVN_on_Fedora
[2]http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Talk:Installing_MythTV_SVN_on_Fedora

--