[mythtv-users] 2 Recent crashes of backend, 0.21

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat May 10 16:10:59 UTC 2008

On 05/10/2008 12:05 PM, Mike Dent wrote:
> 2008/5/10 Michael T. Dean:
>> On 05/10/2008 08:27 AM, Mike Dent wrote:
>>> 2008-05-10 07:30:03.348 DVBSH(0): Failed to open DVR device
>>> /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0 : Device or resource busy
>>>
>> It appears that something that's not Myth is using one of your capture
>> cards--one of the capture cards you've promised for Myth's exclusive use
>> (as Myth expects all capture cards to be for its exclusive use).  Or,
>> could be issues with loss of communication with the card (i.e. due to
>> bad drivers).  Perhaps it's just one of the known problematic capture
>> cards.
> Well they are both Hauppauge Nova-T DVB-T cards. Nothing else *should* be
> using them as far as  know, nothing other than Myth running on the box.

Nova-T 500?  If so, that's the specific one I was thinking of when I
said, "known problematic capture cards."  It can be made to work (at
least relatively reliably), but I think you have to make sure you have a
specific kernel and/or driver.  Probably more information in the
archives.  Or, you might want to start a thread whose subject contains
"Nova-T 500" to get more info.

Mike