[mythtv-users] Partition full - help!

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Sat May 10 14:43:46 UTC 2008

On Sat, May 10, 2008 at 10:24 AM, Ben Coates <bencoates at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yeah I'm using KnoppMyth. So I guess I could download a CD image from
> somewhere. I'll try that.

You do not need a KnoppMythCD most any liunx livecd will work. Something like:

mount /dev/hda3 /mnt/gentoo
mount /dev/hda1 /mnt/gentoo/boot
mount -t proc none /mnt/gentoo/proc
mount -o bind /dev /mnt/gentoo/dev

chroot /mnt/gentoo /bin/bash

So now you have to replace /dev/hda3 with whatever is your / and
/dev/hda1 with whatever is your boot. And then /mnt/gentoo with any
/mnt folder that was created from the livecd or just make one your
self.

> Then once I've booted, I guess I just clear out some unwanted stuff from the
> disk.... right? Easy as that?

Start with /var/log

Then you may want to remove binry logs at /var/lib/mysql/

I have deleted these directly or if you can get mysql running in your
chroot then you can do it the official way:

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/binary-log.html

John