[mythtv-users] Partition full - help!

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Sat May 10 14:23:35 UTC 2008

Ben Coates wrote:

> My main partition has filled up and my myth server won't start.
What exactly does that mean?

Won't power up?  Won't show a login prompt?  Runs fine, but doesn't
start the backend?

> What are my options?

Can you boot in single mode?

Eitehr select single from the grub menu, or edit the kernel line and add
the word single

then let it boot.

You should be able to get a shell prompt.

--
  o__

"I worry about my child and the Internet all the time, even though she's too young to have logged on yet. Here's what I worry about. I worry that 10 or 15 years from now, she will come to me and say 'Daddy, where were you when they took freedom of the press away from the Internet?'"
--Mike Godwin, Electronic Frontier Foundation